On average please allow 5 working days (1 week) for your test results to come back from the hospital unless your doctor has advised otherwise.
Please note that X-ray results and ultrasound may take a little longer.
For your test results please telephone the surgery on 0161 773 1580 to speak to a receptionist.
Please avoid ringing first thing in the morning as the telephone lines are rather busy.
Sometimes, the receptionist cannot always give full results over the phone. If the result is complicated, or if the doctor wants to see you about the result, we may offer you a telephone or surgery appointment.
The receptionist will know whether the result needs urgent attention and if they tell you that it is with the doctor then it will not be urgent and may take a day or to be seen by the doctor concerned. So please be patient and call back.
The receptionist will be able to tell you which category your test is in.
- No action required – a normal result
- Tell patient OK – may have some minor abnormalities but don’t need to be concerned.
- Repeat Test – at a specific time repeat either routinely or to check some very minor abnormalities
- Notes to last Doctor – not urgent but awaiting action from the doctor, please call back.
- Urgent action – your number will be taken to speak to the doctor
- Notes today – the receptionist will take your details and get back to you today
If you are told to see or speak to a doctor after speaking to the receptionist, please book an appointment with the doctor that arranged the test, where this is possible, as this saves a lot of time.
We will not routinely write to you with the results and will expect you to contact us.
It the event that the result is very abnormal or needs urgent attention we will try to contact you so make sure that your contact details are up to date.
We will only give results to the person who has had the test, unless they have given permission for another family member to receive the information in advance.